Thursday, May 12, 2011

An Introduction

Why this blog?

After all my years on the web, I have yet to find a great blog that does one thing, and one thing only: talk about Jewish Technology. Now while there may be many blogs out there that are Jewish oriented, and talk all-things Jewish, I think it's imperative that we have at least one blog out in the blogosphere that has a focus on how Technology is affecting the Jewish world.

In other words, think of this as a Jewish-oriented TechCrunch. Some examples of stuff I want to cover include:
  • Jewish Websites
  • Jewish Software
  • Jewish iPhone and Android apps
  • Anything else that comes my way...
Aside for the obvious goal of bringing attention to the various Jewish products that are shaping the globe, I also hope to write reviews on those products, and bring attention to why I think those products are worth mentioning. Which brings me to...

Who am I?

Aside for being Jewish, and having a keen sense of my Jewishness, I am also highly proficient in many programming languages, and have actually worked on various Jewish projects which some of you may even use on a daily basis! (although, the identities of those projects will remain unknown for now, for my anonymity is important to me).

Essentially, it should not matter who I am, but rather, it should matter what I write. Content on the web is king. So the fact that I choose to remain anonymous (and in this day and age I should say, rightfully so), should have no bearing on this blog whatsoever.

You can of course critique anything I write through the use of the commenting feature at the bottom of each post. Additionally, I have provided a contact page so that you may send me suggestions for future posts and articles. While I cannot guarantee that I will post everything that's sent, I will give each submission fair evaluation.

And most importantly: There is no such thing as a "paid-post" on this site. While I may have ads running on the site, the content on the site will be purely based on merit. Money will have no bearing on what or who I write about.

So for now, I leave you to enjoy the site, and I hope that Be'ezras Hashem, this will be a successful journey.

Your Anonymous Author

No comments:

Post a Comment